Saturday, November 6, 2010

Muscles and Shells

This week was actually a little better than previous weeks.  I found myself a little more motivated when it came to my homework assignments as well as in class.
Tuesday I felt like I didn’t have enough time for the long pose which is always a good thing.  However, I’m still struggling or having trouble with my gesture drawings.  I still don’t have the shapes of everything down.  I may get them in one drawing but in the next I get the pelvis wrong or something like that.  I still feel like the 30 seconds isn’t long enough to get everything in.  I want to try and work on that this week as well as drawing the figure using less lines.  I always draw pretty sketchy and I want to try to make definitive lines instead of hesitant messy marks.

Back to homework assignments,  I thought the  shell drawing number two was due on Thursday of this week so when I found out it was due next Tuesday, I was thoroughly grateful. It gave me a lot of time to spend on the drawing.  I definitely had better time management on this drawing then I did on my first attempt.  I am still not entirely happy with the size but I am getting the idea of cross-contour lines more and I am working on atmospheric perspective more as well. Overall, I see how coming back to a drawing over a period of days creates a better work than getting it all done in one day.

Finally, I want to talk about the muscles.  Thursday night I just redid all of my leg muscles and my hip muscles.  It was a hard task and my back was killing me from sitting on the floor and rolling out clay.  But surprisingly, it wasn’t as challenging or as frustrating as I thought it would be.  I think the muscles turned out well.  All it takes is a little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment