Sunday, October 31, 2010

Semester Reflection

So far the semester has been good.  It’s been a lot harder than I would have expected.  The muscles are killing me so far.  I just don’t think they look as clean as they should and it’s bugging me.  No matter how hard I try to fix them, they keep getting worse, even when I start over and put them back on, there’s just no fixing them.  

Another thing I am having trouble with are the gesture drawings again.  Now that we added the ribs and the pelvis, it’s getting harder to make sure all the components are there.  You have to make sure you get the whole body and the tilt of the pelvis and the ribcage without forgetting the spinal curves.  It’s just too much for me to remember in such a short amount of time.  

Finally, I am still having troubles with the ribcage.  I feel like I do not understand which way it should tilt and what it should look like.  My eggs are always too long and I forget the pit of the neck.  I just need to practice drawing it over and over again I think, until it is second nature.  

For the second half of the semester, I just hope to improve on all my worries and struggles.  I am also excited to learn about the other parts of the body we haven’t discussed yet like the hands and feet, this is the part that most interests me.  Also the face would be a good thing to get down (proportion wise).  That’s another thing to work on for the semester, proportions.  I get all the proportions down in theory but then when I go to apply it, I always feel like I need someone watching over my shoulder to make sure I have it right.




My Flickr Page


No comments:

Post a Comment