Thursday, December 16, 2010

Final Post

My Portfolio
This is my last post for the class, as it is the end of the semester.  This was not the class I was expecting, that's for sure.  I was expecting an easy class just drawing nude models and then discussing them.  Making muscles on a skeleton and drawing shells were definitely not in the class description.  The shell added a nice piece to the course but I don't know if I ever got the cross-contours down as well as some people.  The Manniken, well it was a pain in the ass but it did help somewhat.  It was really difficult but it did give me a better understanding of the body for sure.
I found I had a lot of trouble actually sitting and drawing for the long drawings.  I get restless pretty easily and it probably didn't help that we drew the same person for the whole semester.  K must have made bank this semester though.  It's like the highest paid student job on campus I think.  Anyways, it ended up being a much harder class than I anticipated.  I don't know if I would ever take Life Drawing 2 or not.  The body and the skeleton interest me, but I feel like i didn't understand it quite as well as some of the others in class.
Overall, I am just glad that the semester is over, I am definitely ready for a break.  The class was a success, I may not get the grade I want but I think I will get the grade I deserve, I feel like I didn't not necessarily give it my all, but I guess there's not much I can do about it now.  Have a good break! I know I will!
Here's just a picture that makes me happy, since you have a link to all my other artwork up there and I need at least one image.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, this class was not what I expected either. I was thinking the same thing, drawing a nude model and understand the human form better. I'm not sure if I understood it all myself, but I'm sure some of it stuck. Have a good break! By the way, that picture of the cat made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to second,or is it third the sediment that the class wasn't what I expected but in looking back I can understand why we did what we did. I think by utilizing the manikins, shell drawings and drawing with K we received the same knowledge but in different ways

    ReplyDelete